Automatic Knife Release Form
Kai USA Ltd., manufacturer of Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives in Tualatin, has immediate openings for Assemblers.
- Perform repetitive workstation or line assembly operations to assemble knife components into a completed knife. The Assembler performs assembly functions, using hand or power tools.
- Station duties include:
- Assembling back handle: there will be moving parts (beware of pinching); ensure ball-bearing machine is properly functioning (requires two buttons to activate)
- Assembling front handle: there will be moving parts (beware of pinching); ensure bending machine is properly functioning (requires two buttons to activate)
- Installing pivot nut
- Screwing back handle together: there will be moving parts (beware of pinching); ensure hands and other objects are clear of press prior to pulling handle
- Auger hole: there will be moving parts (beware of pinching); operate electrical equipment; ensure drill press is in good working order and hands and other objects are clear
- Sand/grind/install blade: operate electrical equipment (be aware of flying debris from grinding); ensure sander is in good working order, wear safety glasses/safety equipment if available
- Assembling front/back knife handles: grease parts, use LockTite; be familiar with SDS; wear safety equipment if available
- At various stages throughout the process, use hand tools and ensure tools are in good condition and appropriate for tasks
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
The qualified employee will have a high school diploma/GED.
Work Experience & Skills
Assembly experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred, however such experience is not required. If you are interested, we encourage you to apply.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees performing this job are regularly required to stand, walk, stoop or kneel, to sit and use fingers and hands to handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Lifting: 50 lbs maximum lifting for this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing their duties. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Assemblers are needed for Day Shift (Mon-Thurs; 6 am – 4:30 pm), Swing Shift (Mon-Thurs; 5 pm – 3:30 am), and Weekend Shift (Fri-Sun; 6 am - 6:30 pm).
$18/hour base pay for all shifts (Day, Swing, Weekend); plus $2.50 per hour differential for Swing and Weekend shifts. Note: Weekend shift employees work 36 base weekly hours but are paid for a full 40 hours.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We do not accept applications or employment queries by phone.