Kai USA Ltd., manufacturer of Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives in Tualatin, has an immediate opening for an Automation Technician.
The Automation Technician works with management to identify and implement continuous improvement projects with the goal of reducing finished goods cost, decreasing labor content and improving quality.
- Designing and implementing upgrades to machinery and/or designs and new, process-specific equipment including mechanical and electrical design
- Specifying and procuring off-the-shelf parts and making modifications to existing parts
- Machining new parts in-house and/or working with outside contractors to manufacture custom parts
- Installing machinery, as well as setup, training and process documentation
- Ongoing improvement and maintenance
Key Requirements / Qualifications
The qualifed candidate must have:
- BS in manufacturing or mechanical engineering
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- 2+ years experience in machine design
- 5+ years experience in metal working and/or consumer goods manufacturing
- Experience specifying, setting up and maintaining PLCs, robotics, pneumatic controls, hydraulics, servo and stepper motors, VFDs and other industrial controls
- Experience operating a knee mill and engine lathe required, CNC experience a plus
- Experience with Solid modeling required, and with Solidworks a plus
- Be fluent in English
- Be authorized to work in the United States
Successful applicants will be:
- Highly cross-functional; they should be able to design a project in CAD, work in the machine shop making parts, assemble parts, and test equipment
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Critical thinkers and problem solvers
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to prepare reports for managers or other nontechnical audiences, which requires the abiliity to write well
- Able to train junior staff, which requires having good interpersonal and communication skills
Hours: 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday-Friday, with occasional weekends
Salary: $55,000-85,000 D.O.E.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We do not accept applications or employment queries by phone.