Automatic Knife Release Form
CNC Machine Operator
Kai USA Ltd., manufacturer of Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives in Tualatin, has immediate openings for CNC Machine Operators.
Operate computer numerical control machines to fabricate parts.
- Load parts in machine, cycle machine, detect malfunctions in machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Run production lots, communicate with co-workers regarding productions runs, and maintains safe, organized and clean work environment.
- Inspect fabricated parts to assure quality and accuracy.
- Perform typical machine shop operations.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to management, maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
The qualified employee will have a high school diploma/GED and 1 to 2 years of related experience operating a CNC vertical machining center, or successful completion of a manufacturing technologies (CNC) community college course.
Work Experience & Skills
A minimum 1-2 years experience operating a CNC vertical machining centre or successful completion of a manufacturing technologies (CNC) community college course, and previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Mastercam/G&M code experience a plus
- Swiss style screw machine experience a plus
- Must have firm grasp on basic machining fundamentals
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment a plus
Must be able to pass the Kai USA ltd mathematical exam. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Must be able to pass the Kai USA ltd reading exam. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or verbal instructions. Must have ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees performing this job are regularly required to stand, walk, stoop or kneel, to sit and use fingers and hands to handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Lifting: 50 lbs maximum lifting for this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing their duties. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Operators are needed for Day Shift (Mon-Thurs; 6 am – 4:30 pm) and Swing Shift (Mon-Thurs; 5 pm – 3:30 am).
$20-$24/hour DOE for Day Shift; $2.50 per hour differential for Swing Shift.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com
Please note: We do not accept applications or employment queries by phone.