Automatic Knife Release FormWeb-form is not active.
Compliance Trade Specialist
Kai USA Ltd., manufacturer of Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives in Tualatin, Oregon, has an immediate opening for a Compliance Trade Specialist. The Compliance Trade Specialist is primarily focused on customer, local and federal government, and import/export compliance.
The Compliance Trade Specialist ensures legal compliance and provides import/export administration and control within government rules and regulations. The Compliance Trade Specialist is responsible for implementing and maintaining Forced Labor standards and documentation. They are also responsible for continued Prop 65 compliance.
Essential duties include:
- Designing and implementing internal processes to ensure full compliance for Forced Labor standards
- Analyzing Prop 65 testing for labelling requirements and maintaining those records for compliance
- Assisting in the preparation of clearance instructions, as well as monitoring, record keeping, and auditing
- Working with internal team members to support and provide guidance on international trade and OGA compliance
- Providing compliance guidance and support for all aspects of import/export and other areas of trade, including but not limited to: classification, country-of-origin determination, marking, labelling, FTC Made in the USA claims, and all other applicable rules and regulations
- Maintaining Compliance Manuals
- Handling customer compliance needs, including wood tracking CoC record keeping
- Staying up-to-date on all U.S. Customs and OGA compliance regulation changes
- Maintaining and developing other compliance tracking tools
- Reading, analyzing, and interpreting complex documents
- Assisting the Export Clerk with documentation and FTAs
- Maintaining records for exports and filing Duty Drawback claims
- Performing additional duties as assigned
Key Requirements / Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The qualifed candidate must:
Have a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management and/or 2-3 years of professional experience in compliance; a legal background, either as an internship or earned degree, would be greatly beneficial to this position
Have familiarity with US import/export laws
- Have the ability to identify risk and work cross-functionally to problem solve, as well as be able to communicate clearly with leadership
The successful applicant will also have:
- Experience with legal research and a proven track record for project management
- A working knowledge of Prop 65 regulations
- Demonstrated creative, problem-solving skills and resourcefulness
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders
- Good analytical skills with critical attention to detail
Hours: Monday-Friday; 8-hour day with flexible start time between 6:00 and 8:30 a.m.
Salary: $60,000-70,000 yr.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We do not accept applications or employment queries by phone.