Maintenance Tech 1
Kai USA Ltd., manufacturer of Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives in Tualatin, has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Tech 1 to help keep our building and equipment up and running efficiently.
The Maintenance Tech 1 performs routine preventative maintenance work according to preventative maintenance and/or specification on assigned machinery and systems. They perform corrective maintenance under the leadership of more senior workers. In addition, the Maintenance Tech conducts daily rounds of readings and periodic or special inspections to determine necessary repair work.
Specific tasks include:
- Changing filters
- Cleaning machines
- Replacing burnt-out light bulbs
- Performing routine 30/60/90 day preventive maintenance
- Removing and replacing machine parts with supervision
- Assisting in troubleshooting problems
- Lubricating equipment
- Performing minor repairs to facility including plumbing, carpentry, painting, etc.
- Performing all other job duties as assigned
Key Requirements / Qualifications
The qualifed candidate must:
- Have 1-2 years experience in building and/or equipment maintenance
- Be fluent in English
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Successful applicants will:
- Be able to follow all safety and operational procedures
- Be able to perform maintenance and repair work as assigned
- Provide project support following instructions of more senior workers
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, organize, execute, and reach objectives with minimal directions
- Possess a high mechanical aptitude
- Be a self-starter and detail oriented
- Be able to drive a forklift or able to be trained to drive a forklift
- Be able to work with minimal supervision, to work on a flexible schedule, to multi-task, and to achieve goals
- Work well with others to establish and maintain an excellent team atmosphere
Hours: 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday-Friday
Wages: $16-$26/hour D.O.E.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We do not accept applications or employment queries by phone.