Kai USA Ltd., manufacturer of Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives in Tualatin, has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Technician.
- Do you like to troubleshoot, repair, and make upgrades to various types of CNC controlled machines and factory equipment?
- Do you enjoy working both independently and in a highly diversified team environment with multiple skill levels?
- Do you like to work under limited supervision?
- Do you want to work in a company that makes products that customers consider some of the best in the world?
- Do you want to learn new types of equipment and processes?
Our technicians perform a variety of duties including troubleshooting, repair, preventative maintenance and upgrades on various CNC controlled machines and factory equipment. It will include light fabrication including MIG welding, machining and other facilities related needs. Having all of the skills below is desirable, however not having all of them is not a disqualifier, as we can help a motivated learner acquire the skills they are lighter on.
Key Requirements / Qualifications
The qualifed candidate must:
- Have 2+ years experience in equipment maintenance and repair
- Be fluent in English
- Be authorized to work in the United States
Certification and/or accreditation is NOT required. However, applicants may be asked to prove their skills in an interactive interview and skills assessment.
Successful applicants will have:
- Understanding of electro-mechanical equipment including servo-driven machines
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical devices
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair industrial controls including, but not limited to, PLCs, motor starters, switches, relays and contactors, solenoids, valves, motors and timers
- Ability to read engineering drawings including electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Experience using a variety of tools including hand and power tools, electric meters, manual machine tools, welders, and material handling equipment
- Experience with high voltage wiring (220V-480V)
- Ability to design and perform light fabrication of custom tools for specific jobs
- Understanding of lubrication and ability to properly lubricate equipment
Hours: 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday-Friday, with occasional weekends
Wages: $16-$26/hour D.O.E.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We do not accept applications or employment queries by phone.