Automatic Knife Release FormWeb-form is not active.
Packaging Material Handler
Kai USA Ltd., manufacturer of Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives in Tualatin, has an immediate opening for a Packaging Material Handler in our warehouse.
In a fast-paced manufacturing environment, the Packaging Material Handler will be responsible for a variety of key tasks in our packaging department. This position will report to the Packaging Supervisor.
Essential duties include:
- Locating materials and supplies by pulling and verifying these materials and supplies as listed on orders.
- Maintaining accurate inventory counts.
- Documenting any inventory discrepancies.
- Loading and unloading materials using forklift or pallet jack.
- Assisting the Shipping or Receiving departments as needed.
- Maintaining the work area in clean and orderly conditions and following all prescribed safety regulations.
- Assembling packaging boxes or crates.
- Labeling and recording what is packed.
- Inspecting packaging for tears, cracks, and dents.
- Ensuring that the materials inside each box or crate are packed in a way to minimize breakage during transit.
- Packaging final product in preparation for shipment and/or storage.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Key Requirements / Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The qualified candidate must:
Have a high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
Have 1 year of warehouse-related experience.
The successful applicant will also:
- Understand how to organize and analyze information.
- Be able to handle complexity.
- Be deadline-oriented.
- Have the ability to manage their time.
- Have experience with process improvement.
- Have experience with safety management.
- Have experience with inventory control.
- Have data entry skills.
- Be able to lift materials safely.
Hours: Swing Shift; Monday-Wednesday from 3 pm to 1:30 am and Thursday from 2:30 pm to 1 am
Wage: $17.50 per hour
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com
Please note: We do not accept applications or employment queries by phone.