Automatic Knife Release FormWeb-form is not active.
Production Cost Accountant
Kai USA Ltd., manufacturer of Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives in Tualatin, Oregon, has an immediate opening for a Production Cost Accountant.
In a fast-paced manufacturing office environment, the Production Cost Accountant collects and analyzes data about Kai USA production costs, helping the company maintain and improve productivity and efficiency.
Essential duties include:
- Preparing monthly gross margin analyses by reviewing and analyzing:
- Production orders, production bills of materials, and production routes
- Purchase order and inventory receipts, contracted services, and WIP accounts
- Inventory adjustments including cycle count and scrap transactions
- Analyzing actual costs versus standard costs, preparing variance reports, identifing problems and proposing solutions
Consumables cost and its on-hand value
Obsolete and slow-moving inventory
Inventory control procedures to ensure accuracy of on-hand record
Preparing various inventory reports as needed
Working with Production to identify and resolve issues with bills of material and production routes
Analyzing cost changes associated with changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or contracted services
Calculating the effects of cost increases from suppliers and contractors
Analyzing data from various departments to prepare and propose cost-cutting initiatives
Owning the methodology for maintaining standard costs and ensuring that all production costs are realized in on-hand inventory valuation; also ensuring that other inventory costs are known, including:
Cost of obsolesce
Cost of excess inventory
- Assisting with cycle-count scheduling and analysis of the results
- Supporting the Accounting Manager with month-end-close checklist and deadlines
- Preparing detailed account analysis to reconcile sales, inventory value, production costs, and liability accounts
- Preparing ad-hoc reports and schedules during audits, taxes, etc.
- Adapting to new and different computer programs as needed; participating in system-implementation projects across all departments
- Assisting the System Administrator and working with D365 consultants as needed to develop tools, procedures, and solutions
- Acting as a resource for system issues and improvements, as well as for maintenance and developments for Finance, Accounting and other departments
- Ensuring validity and accuracy of ERP through periodic analysis, internal audits, and coordination with other departments
- Working on special projects as needed
Key Requirements / Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The qualifed candidate must:
Have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting
Have 3-4 years of professional experience, preferably in a manufacturing company
Be able to apply their knowledge of generally accepted Accounting principles
- Have ERP-system experience
The successful applicant will also have:
- Experience with ERP implementations and system administration; experience with Microsoft AX 2012/D365 is a plus
- Experience with standard costing and cost rolls
- High proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and collaborative skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Hours: Monday-Friday; 8-hour day with flexible start time between 6:30 and 8:30 a.m.
Salary: $68,000-80,000 yr.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We do not accept applications or employment queries by phone.