Automatic Knife Release Form
Kai USA Ltd., manufacturer of Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives in Tualatin, has an immediate opening for a Receiving Supervisor.
The Receiving Supervisor maintains the personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the Warehouse and Receiving mission in an effective and efficient manner. The Receiving Supervisor interviews and recommends applicants for hire as Warehouse and Receiving Associates, plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of Warehouse and Receiving Associates; ensures their ability to safely operate material-handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations; counsels, records and disciplines as necessary. The Receiving Supervisor also develops crew leaders to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned crew members.
Other essential duties include:
- Monitoring the unloading of all materials into the Receiving department; ensuring all materials are staged for counting and inspection; ensuring Receiving reports accurately detail the material received
- Resolving discrepancies with Accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and Receiving reports
- Monitoring the flow of paperwork from Receiving to Inventory Control for timely data entry
- Overseeing the movement of material from Receiving to the Warehouse in an efficient, effective, and safe manner
- Ensuring materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures; overseeing the rotation of inventories within the Warehouse
- Monitoring and measuring Receiving and Warehouse performance for accuracy of locator, Receiving reporting, movement and storage of material, and transfers to service parts
- Ensuring that all replenishment work is completed in a timely manner
- Regularly observing Receiving Associates to ensure they consistently follow all established department and company policies and procedures
- Ensuring productivity targets are achieved and that all processes and activities are running smoothly and promptly
- Motivating the Receiving team by encouraging teamwork, pride, accountability, productivity, and accuracy
- Holding regular meetings with the Receiving team prior to start of the shift for work assignments, updates on scheduled work, or announcements
- Working to resolve any issues or complaints promptly
- Verifing, ordering, and maintaining appropriate supply levels for the Receiving department
- Collaborating with other departments on any Receiving-related issues or paperwork
- Having the ability to be trained on and use pallet jacks, forklifts, and other machinery as needed
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment at all times
- Ensuring the daily pre-shift inspection of mobile equipment and data collection
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
Key Requirements / Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The employee performing this job is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop or kneel, to sit and use fingers and hands to handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The qualified candidate must have:
- High School diploma
- 2-3 years of Warehouse experience
- At least 1 year experience in Receiving
Successful candidates will also have:
- A high technical capacity
- Leadership qualities
- An orientation toward continual learning
- Ability to manage performance of a team
- Proficiency in communication
- A teamwork orientation
Hours: 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday-Friday
Wages: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We do not accept applications or employment queries by phone.