Automatic Knife Release FormWeb-form is not active.
Kai USA Ltd., manufacturer of Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives in Tualatin, Oregon is currently looking for a Shipping Specialist to join our team. You will be assisting in the primary responsibilities below and working in a team-oriented atmosphere.
The Shipping Specialist will:
- Work with Bill Of Ladings and read and understand routing guides
- Pick and pack material to ship
- Prepare outbound shipments by sorting product onto fixed sorting rails
- Enter data into ERP system (We use Microsoft Dynamics AX, however, it is not required to have knowledge in this specific system)
- Receive, sort, and stage shipments in designated locations
- Ensure accuracy and count of sorted products
- Report damages and discrepancies
- Record and report any damaged products/merchandise to the designated supervisor
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Requirements / Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The qualified employee will have a high school diploma/GED and 1 to 2 years of experience in a shipping or warehouse environment.
- Work well with others in a team environment
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds, some heavy lifting at times
- Be willing to ask questions of supervisors or managers if unsure about a specific order or request
- Be able to communicate with other departments, including customer service
- Be able to communicate with outside vendors, including truck companies
- Have some basic math skills including counting, adding, and subtracting as needed
- Be available to help on other reasonable projects as assigned by the shipping supervisor
Swing Shift: Monday - Wednesday, 3:00 pm - 1:30 am and Thursday 2:30 pm - 1:00 am
Wage: $17.50/hour, plus $2.50 for Swing Shift differential