Automatic Knife Release FormWeb-form is not active.
Warranty Repair Technician
Kai USA Ltd., manufacturer of Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives in Tualatin, has an immediate opening for a Warranty Repair Technician.
The Warranty Repair Technician performs warranty repair and sharpening on both sport pocketknives (Kershaw and Zero Tolerance) and kitchen knives (Shun Cutlery and Kai Housewares).
Specific tasks include:
- Making warranty repairs and sharpening both pocketknives and kitchen knives
- Maintaining the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and following prescribed safety regulations
- Performing all other job duties as assigned
Key Requirements / Qualifications
The qualified candidate must:
- Have a high school diploma/GED
- Have 1-2 years of related repair technician experience in a manufacturing environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Successful applicants will:
- Possess a mechanical aptitude
- Be an excellent communicator, with a strong background in dealing directly with customers and identifying needs
- Preferably have grinding or sharpening experience
- Have basic math skills: the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s; and to perform these operations using units of American money, weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Have the ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions; and to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Hours: Swing shift: 4:30 pm to 3:00 am, Monday-Thursday
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com
Please note: We do not accept applications or employment queries by phone.